Friday, September 01, 2006

Schoolwork begins


18:36 CEST, 12:36 EST - Ciao Tutti! Today I had my first test in Italian to see which group of students I get placed with - The smart kids, or the not as smart kids. I'm thinking its going to be the not as smart. I don't mind, I need the extra attention. Today was my first day where I actually had a little time on my hands so I was able to set up the computer a little bit more and help other people set up theirs. I also made a few phone calls trying to find an appartment. Those calls are so scary because I have no idea what I'm saying!!!
It was a beautiful day today... the perfect temperature. And while I was studying, there was a guy playing the clarinet outside and he was playing some of the great ones - My Way (Frank Sinatra), Mack the Knife (Dean Martin), the theme from il Postino... Some beautiful music, he made my homework go a lot easier. Yesterday we saw an accordian player... he reminded me of my mom because she used to play accordian when she was younger (haha - I can just picture her). Anyway, the streets, the city, the music, the people, everything is just beautiful over here I wish that you all could see it!
I am going to be posting some pictures soon, though I don't have that many. Alright we are about to go to check out the cafeteria. Ciao!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stevo,

Glad to know that you are actually getting some academics in as well as life experiences. You will do fine on your placement test no matter how you score. Sounds like the music is helping the studies - did the man on the clarinet know any DMB?

How's the food at the cafeteria?

When do classes begin? Will you be on a semester schedule or a quarter schedule?

Is there any talk over there about Andre Agassi in the US Open or about he USA getting beat by Greece in the FIBA Semis?

We will keep you posted as to how your Wolverines do this weekend. Takes care and enjoy!!!

Ciao,

Uncle Bruin

Schragoo said...

Thanks Uncle Jim! I am with a ton of your fellow Californians. I heard about Andre, but I didn't hear about the loss to Greece. What happened? Please keep me updated!!

Anonymous said...

The picture is great, the street looks so clean. I assume that is David with you... What did you find out about apartments? Is your opportunity for the dorm expired? Wouldn't that be easier?
You look great. Is your dorm room put together yet?
Keep on writing this is so much fun!
Miss You:(
Love you lots!!
Mom xxxxooo

Anonymous said...

Enjoying all your postings keep them coming. Went to Michigan Adventure with Patty, JD and Megan and rode the roller costers. I think Aunt Betsy is getting a little to old for that at least thats what my body is telling me. Today we are heading to Detroit to take in the Tigers game against the angels.
Think of you often, take care.
Luv,
Aunt Betsy

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, Stefano----
All is well here. Betsy and Bonnie are going to a Tiger game today. They are playing Indiana. Nothing new- going to Mass with Bob today. I believe that Billy is the lector and Danny is serving. Keep on having fun and giving us up dates.
Ciao, Grams

Anonymous said...

Steve-

Well, both of our schools came close to crapping the bed todayy- but they won't have to change the sheets after all--

MSU 27 Idaho 17

UM 27 Vandy 7

Your crowd was apparently booing at halftime- maybe because you weren't there. And I got two reprimands from Jacqueline because of loud screaming.

Go get em you animal---



Squi

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen!

I hope you are having a good time in Italy meeting all those new people. I hope you have the best time-- WOOO HOOO!!!

Love

Jacqueline, Colleen, Uncle Tom, Aunt Kathy

Schragoo said...

Thanks guys! Let's go Tigs, Wolverines and Spartans!