Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hail to the Victors!

12:39 CEST, 6:39 EST - Hey all! Yesterday was my first day where I got to spend some time by myself and start to figure things out. I woke up around 10:30 and IMMEDIATELY put my Stevie B Jersey on which I wore all day. I was so ready to go to a football game yesterday. I tried to watch it on my computer but every single program that is out there to watch football doesn't support a mac which is STUPID. grrr. Oh well I was able to listen to most of it and I "watched" it on gamecast. Everytime the Maize and Blue scored I played the fight song and when there was a key play I wagged my keys. I kept thinking about everyone there and what they were doing right then, I know that Cody was loving it, Kiko was... well being Kiko, and that Berman wanted to leave early in the 3rd but stuck it out because he'd get razzed if he didn't. Ahh I miss that. Well I was really excited just to be paying attention to football again even if I didn't get to see any big hits or anything.
So pretty much that was my day yesterday, the game didn't start until 6:00 here so I was just waiting and trying to get different things set up on my computer. I tried to do homework too but I couldn't concentrate so that's what Christina and I are going to do today. We want to look at our dorms, too, in case we want to live there and we also want to try and go to church (she said there is mass at 6:00). I'm excited to see what mass is like here. Well, I probably should get this day rollin'... talk to ya'll later!

Oh wait! I forgot.... I downloaded skype yesterday, too. (www.skype.com) and it would be a good way for anyone to call me if they want. My skype name is schragoo, call me up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steveo, You didn't mention anything about MSU ! ! ! !

GO STATE !

Glad to hear all is going well.

Bob

Anonymous said...

Stevo,

I too am happy that another College football season has kicked-off!!! Yes, being here in the mid-west we had to stuggle through watching the Mid-west "powers" play down to inferior "cupcakes".

Your beloved Wolverines demonstrated a lack luster offense against a stalwart Vandy defense (at least the Wolverines made it look like it was a stalwart defense). You mentioned that unfortunately you did not get to "see any big hits or anything" -- that's because there were none -- unless of course you consider the dropped Wolverine passes the "anything" -- then there were plenty of those (ha, ha -- I love College football rivalries)

As Uncle Bob mentioned, STATE also provided a lack luster performance against an inferior opponent but escaped with a victory -- which for them and John L. -- any victory is a good victory!!!

The other mid-west powers (based on the hype of their own media machine), the Domers from Notre Dame squeaked by GT (14-10) and Ohio State and Penn State got into the swing of things by beating up on "traditional" powerhouses Northern Illinois and Akron.

Now on to where the real football is played (except for CAL -- which is an academic power not a football power), the west -- both UCLA and USC beat up on much better competition then what their mid-west counterparts like to schedule.

I also need to provide an update on the swooning Tigers -- they figured out how to snatch defeat from victory again. After Verlander pitched a terrific ballgame (4 hit, shutout ball through 7 innings), Guillen, Ordonez, Jones, and Leyland figure out how to turn a 2-1 win into a 7-2 loss (in get this), 10 innings.

Finally, how was Mass in Italia? How did it compare to here? Good luck with the studies and we will continue to look forward to your updates!!! Your blog provides me an outlet for my sport rants!!

Have a great time!!!

Take care,

Uncle Bruin

Anonymous said...

Stevo:

UofM was lucky.

Let wait for that ND game. We will put yall in your place.

Hope life is good in Italy,
KPS

Anonymous said...

hey-
uncle jim put it way too nicely about the tigers. do I have rightful reason to hate todd jones now? he's had a decent past month but i still wasn't over his last blown saves. uggghh! for the first time, in was mad at leyland for putting him in. they should've used 102 mph zumaya twice in a row!
-unhappy danny

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Glad to hear you made it over there safely. As you heard, MSU won yesterday. Tigers are on ESPN High Def tonight :) Just got back from dinner at Grandmas...Danny said he does NOT miss you. Have a glass a wine for me & HAVE FUN!

Your best looking/favorite cousin,
Brian

Anonymous said...

Stevo -

Crikey!
Sad news out of Australia today...
Your boy - Steve Irwin (the Crocodile Hunter)- was killed by a Sting Ray. He was filming a documentary and swam too close to it and it stung him right on the heart.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Hope you are enjoying Labor Day...at school!

-Billy

Anonymous said...

Stephen:

I hope you are having a good time in Italy. I heard that Italy is a very cool country- you are lucky to be there.

See you soon--

Love Colleen