Saturday, May 22, 2010

Edmonton the city, not the street

Hello everyone!

By the time I get a chance to send this I will be in the city of Edmonton, Alberta, where they still have a hockey team called the Oilers, there is a supposed HUGE mall here and is in the heart of Canadian cowboy country. Sara B already mentioned a trip to a boot shop might be in order.

I am getting in the mood by listening to the country XM radio station right now and playing Texas Hold 'em (the computer is smoking me, it's embarrassing). We just took off from Vancouver where we had a little bit of time to catch up with some coworkers that we haven't seen in a long time and hang out with the BC office. Great times. And it was nice to be able to reconnect with some people from the office - and started telling us about a stellar new group of facilitators and speakers coming in for the next year. I am excited to meet them.






In other news, I had three hours to kill at the airport today and so I am taking full advantage of this iPad. After today I can completely justify this purchase. I was able to watch almost the entire Tigers game while waiting for my flight. I downloaded a map for Edmonton and figured out how to get to the Travelodge. I read a bit of Middlesex and checked my Facebook and Twitter. Even worked a little on a flyer using the Pages application. I'm still trying to figure that out. It's May Long Weekend here in Canada so we have tomorrow and Monday off (awesome) and I plan on doing laundry and calling my mother.

As it turns out, we have started our decent into Edmonton and are experiencing a bit of turbulence they tell me (and then again in French). Looks like ill have to catch you on the flip side..


- Sent via Schragooster

No comments: