Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Update from Italy



2:24 PM - SESTO FIORENTINO

Hey everybody back home! Here is a quick update of my life for the month of June and the beginning of July...
I am back in Sesto Fiorentino this week and trying to catch up a little bit more on my summer sports knowledge. I saw Kobayashi lost in the July 4th hot dog eating contest. I followed Tiger Woods' crazy US Open. I see the Tigs are 50-50 and that they started tearing down Tiger Stadium. On this side of the pond I watched the epic Nedal - Federer battle and saw Spain take care of Italy and Germany for the European Cup.
In between all of this a new group of students have arrived, I have been to:
Rome. Where I saw Tom Hanks and Ron Howard filming Angels and Demons.
Padova. Where I saw my old roommates Sara, Johannes and Mede. I also saw my Michigan Men Marco, Marco, and Giuseppe. Hakim, Toolong... the list goes on. I also went to the study center where it was really nice to see the ladies that took care of us last year. I was only there less than 24 hours when I took off with Hakim for...
Bardolino. I got to see Giulia and her family and all of her friends again. It was a lot of fun but the same there I was only able to stay less than a day because I took off to...
Desenzano. Where I met up with Marco. He took me sailing with his dad and I participated in my first Regatta (We came in 7th. Of 8 I think.)
I made it home late to find myself locked out of the villa and had to sleep outside on a park bench where I got eaten alive by mosquitos. Good times.
That weekend the new students arrived as well. 58 students: 50 girls, 8 guys. 4 professors and 3 spouses, 3 children and 1 librarian. The villa is full now.
Since they have arrived we have made day trips to Siena, Le Cinque Terre, Lucca (Where we tandem biked around the city walls), and Pisa (see above).
Today I am going to head into Florence to buy tickets to go see Paul Simon up north in a couple weekends. I am really excited. This weekend I am off to Perugia and Assisi. In Perugia this weekend the Umbriajazz Festival will be going on so I am looking forward to that.
In other not-so-exciting news my job search has begun as I have some free time during the week. I have many different ideas of how I want to go about it but haven't really started hammering nails in just yet.
Well I should get my show on the road. Hope all is well, let me know what you are up to! I miss you all,

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephen,
I am so glad you updated your blog!
I hope you realize how lucky you are to be in Italy again this summer.
WOW! I can't believe the places you've gone and the people you've seen! Enjoy!
I am excited for you to job search. It can be exciting once you start seeing all your options.
Take advantage of all your opportunities.
Enjoy!
Have a great time at Paul Simon tomorrow!
Miss you and
Love you lots,
MOM:)

Francis Vallejo said...

yo bro, I crazily found this through the SJA alumni site..haha..That's wild yer over there since I am going to be studying at the Florence Art Academy/Atelier in the coming year!
small world...stay in touch