Friday, February 22, 2013

Winter Update

Winter Day at Bryant Park
9:54 AM ET, 6:54 AM PT

Hello future self and anyone who might be peeking.

As I am currently crossing into Nebraska from South Dakota on my way to Los Angeles, I'm back in the air with some time to write again. As usual it has been a while.  What's new? Well a good amount I would say.  Work has been busy which is a good thing. I have been traveling quite a bit already this year - I have been to Costa Mesa, CA (where I got to meet up with Smash!), Washington DC (twice), Hershey, PA, and now to Los Angeles.  It's not even March yet!  It almost feels like my days working for Free the Children. Almost.

Anyway, as of the beginning of the year our company has been acquired by another company so there has been a lot of work to do.  I feel good about the acquisition as it should allow for us to expand our product and really help bring added support to students.

As for me, I keep truckin' right now. Things are starting to click with my piano playing (did I tell you I started taking lessons?) .  I am about a year in now and can play many chords and scales if not many songs yet.  Unfortunately, all of this traveling has kept me from the keys and being able to practice.  I have tried using GarageBand on my iPad, but as you can imagine it's not the same.

What else is going on?  Well, the Harlem Shake videos are pretty popular at the moment.  I am a big fan. I wanted to create one with some friends over the weekend but no one was interested.  C'mon man!  You know you are getting old when the prospect of doing something just for the sake of it doesn't sound appealing anymore.  Sure I guess we are busy, but I really don't want to lose contact with that fun and creative part of my brain.  Related thought: I'd like to invest in a good camera and a new personal computer so that I can make stuff (videos, images, websites, etc) on the go just for the fun of it.  Alas, work takes a majority of my time and that equipment is not cheap! I hope future posts have more video/images/side projects attached to them.

I think that's about all I have for the moment.  I have to start thinking about our 10 year reunion.  My goodness. 10 years is a long time, but I can honestly say that the majority of friendships and people that I met during those four years have been the most stand-up group of people I know.  Our class was particularly awesome in that we minded our own business and got our work done.   I am excited to put something together to see everybody. Who wants to help??

Last thoughts before I sign off: 
**The latest Jack White album is incredible (listen to "Take me with you when you go")
**Technology is awesome - possibly as early as this year I will be able to control a computer without a mouse and Google Glass looks sweet
**And I want to see a few more concerts this summer.

That is all.

No comments: