Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Uno studente italiano?



12:48 PADOVA - Hey all! After seven months I'm starting to feel like somewhat of an Italian student - even if that means I'm not really doing anything. These last couple of weeks I have had two classes at the University and one at the Study Center and when I try I can understand *almost* all that they are saying (with the help of some context clues). My two classes at the University are: Sociology of Religion I (Isam) and Sociology of the Communication of the Masses while my one at the Study Center is a comparative politics class focusing on the Italian politica. They are rather interesting.
Two weeks ago two friends from High School, Jess Parsh and Megan Irving made their way over here from Spain - they are studying in Sevilla - and in the weekend we did Padova, Verona and Venice and we celebrated Megan's 21st! I am getting to be a rather decent tour guide of the Veneto region so you better come soon before I'm gone (and then forget)! A week from today I will be in Rome waiting for my mother and brothers to arrive! I've done the tourist thing there a few times as well so we can ask them how I am as a tourguide I'm sure they will be my best critics.
Also, I have booked two trips for April (Morocco and Amsterdam) and found out that my sister will be able to come in May! Over all my life is pretty darn good. :-)
Yesterday a couple of us went to an Italian political discussion at a local bookstore as the American diplomats. It was a very intense experience and even though I know some stuff was lost in translation I felt we did a decent job representing the Red, White and Blue. This weekend I need to study a little bit because I have an exam on Tuesday :-O !
Write me an e-mail and let me know what's going on at home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen!!!

Thank you for updating your blog. It's great to hear about what you are doing, especially when you tell us about your classes. The political debate at the local bookstore sounded interesting, what an experience.

Danny, Billy and I are really getting excited about our trip. We are packing suitcases tonight!!! Have you gotten the tickets for the train and booked our Padova hotel?

SEE you in 6 days!!!!!

Love, MOM:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stevo! Great to read your updates! We booked our hotel in Switzerland today. Are you joining us? We'll be in Venice July 2nd, then Interlaken July 3-5. Hope you can make it.

I can't wait to hear about Rome with your Mom and brothers. Easter Sunday Mass at St. Peter's!!!

The guys in my house are pretty excited about March Madness -- GO BRUINS!

xoxoxoxo
Aunt Patty

Danny said...

Steve--
The buckeyes just beat the hoyas and florida is currently beatin up pretty good on the bruins.
I cant believe it-- 3 DAYS!! Soon to be 2!!
I'm so excited!! Ill talk to you in a few days....
-daniel j